Connected Wind Services is to maintain all Envision Energy wind turbines
The large independent service provider, Connected Wind Services A/S, has signed a frame work agreement on service and maintenance with Chinese Envision Energy, one of the world’s largest wind turbine manufacturers.
Connected Wind Services A/S with more than 30 years of experience, 180 employees and local service teams in Denmark, Sweden and Germany, is a market leader amongst the independent service providers for turbine maintenance in Europe.
The signing of the agreement with Envision Energy means that Connected Wind Services will act as the service provider for Envision wind farms in France. O&M missions will be implemented on the windfarms operated by Velocita Energies, the French subsidiary of Envision Energy. Envision Energy states:
“Connected Wind Services has +30 years track record within operations and maintenance of wind turbines and huge experience of main component repair. These are critical capabilities which are important to us and our customers. This and the strong ownership and a versatile client focused approach has been one of the obvious reasons for establishing this frame work agreement” says Lars Albæk Nielsen, Head of Service, Envision Energy.
“Working with Connected Wind Services for preventive and curative maintenance will allow Velocita to ensure a high level of performance and productivity of our windfarms in order to offer an optimized asset management to our customers” asserts Eric Caradec, Managing director of Velocita énergies.
Among the Top 10
Envision, based in Shanghai, China, was founded in 2007 by Lei Zhang and is among the Top 10 wind turbine manufacturers in the world and the second largest original equipment manufacturer in China.
The company has installed more than 2,400 wind turbines globally and holds 6.3 percent of the global market share.
Envision is the first in the industry to develop "smart turbine" with an exclusive core technology of smart control, advanced measurement method, expert data analysis system, active performance control and reliability-based deterministic turbines. The effective combination and application of these ground-breaking technologies have enabled these turbines to accurately perceive their own status and external environmental conditions. This ensures that the turbine will always function at its optimal working condition for maximum power generation and longer service life.
Expanding the portfolio
“The agreement marks the entrance of a new wind turbine generator brand in the portfolio of Connected Wind Services “, says Felix Overbeck, CEO, Connected Wind Services.
“The professional organisation behind Envision Energy and not least the highly interesting pipeline and product focus has been the key in our decision to enter into this frame work agreement. We expect and hope this will be a long lasting and close relationship “, says Kent Hougaard, Head of Sales, Connected Wind Services.
- Envision was founded in 2007 in Shanghai, China, and is among the Top 10 Wind Turbine Manufacturers in the World.
- Envision also provides energy management software, and energy technology services. The company has installed over 2400 wind turbines globally and its software is used in over 6,000 wind turbines in North America, Europe, Latin America and China.
- Envision is the first in the industry to develop "smart turbine" which enables these turbines to accurately perceive their own status and external environmental conditions.
- Envision has the largest market share in low wind speed turbines in China. In April 2017, the first 140-meter steel tower low-speed wind turbine, the tallest onshore wind turbine in China, esigned and developed by Envision was installed at Lankao, Henan Province, leading the development of low-wind power in China into a new era.
- Velocita Energies has been developing, building and operating onshore wind farms in France since 2011. To date, Velocita has invested 300 million euros in the development and construction of wind farms, commissioned 133 MW and will build 60 MW in 2019. Since joining Envision Energy group at the end of 2016, Velocita deploys growth strategies for its wind energy portfolio through project development, new service offers, local partnerships and repowering.
- Connected Wind Services is one of the largest independent service providers (ISP) in the wind industry.
- The company is headquartered in Balle, Denmark, with national subsidiaries in Rantrum, Germany and Falkenberg, Sweden, and has roots which go back to 1987.
- Connected Wind Services provides complex service projects for wind turbine generators throughout Europe. Providing excellent availability and delivery time, the company operates a modern workshop in the former Nordtank / NEG Micon factories for the refurbishment of wind turbine components including MW gearboxes at its premises in Balle.
- In 2016 Connected Wind Services was aquired by German EnBW. However, Connected Wind Services has remained an independent brand in the joint forces with the activities of EnBW for the further expansion of wind energy.
- EnBW is one of the largest energy supply companies in Germany and Europe with both conventional energy production and a large portfolio of renewable energy, with many land based as well as offshore wind turbines.
- With a workforce of around 21.000 employees, EnBW supplies electricity, gas, water and energy-related products and services to 5.5 million customers.
- In 2017, global wind power capacity expanded 10 percent to 539 GW. Yearly wind energy production has grown to reach 4.4 percent of worldwide electric power usage.
Please contact our Group Marketing for press related questions and requests.