The Danish company is one of Europe’s leading Independent Service Providers for wind turbines
Appointed CEO Felix Overbeck is set to fulfil the ambition towards expanding the Danish founded Independent Service Provider further within the European Market
Felix Overbeck is hereby announced as the new CEO of Connected Wind Services A/S. The Danish company is one of Europe’s leading Independent Service Providers for wind turbines with local service teams in Denmark, Sweden and Germany. In 2016 Connected Wind Services was acquired by the German energy supply company EnBW, Energie Baden-Württemberg AG.
Felix Overbeck, who holds an Engineers Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a Diploma in Production Technologies, has a long-standing and successful career in different industries and has substantial experience in organizational management. At his last position, he was particularly in charge of setting up a new field of business for an internationally operating company and expedited its sales and distribution department significantly. Now he is set to fulfil the ambition towards expanding CWS further within the European market.
“I am very proud to be the new leader of Connected Wind Services. It is with great recognition and respect for the work already put by the talented team in Connected Wind Service, that I look forward to working with my new colleagues and together implement the ambitious strategy already set out for the company. I want to ensure that the focus of the team will be on the customer's needs. In order to achieve this we will always have the needed skills of our employees to satisfy customer’s expectations. Finally, Connected Wind Services shall improve its customers’ results with best service and maintenance offers and always have the suitable product for them and adapt to their needs. Together, we must seize the growth opportunities that lie in close cooperation with our partners and customers" says Felix Overbeck.
“We are very pleased that Felix Overbeck will lead the Connected Wind Services team into the next era. Felix has shown that he can create value in various industries. I am convinced that with Felix Overbeck we are giving our team a strong leader who will guide CWS through the necessary transformation. Given the strong competencies, skillful workforce and good market positioning, we, as EnBW, are confident that we will grow our business substantially within the European market" says Wolfgang Eckert, Chairman of the board in Connected Wind Services.
Curriculum Vitae Felix Overbeck
Title: CEO Connected Wind Services A/S
- 2011 Senior Manager Commercial & Planning Support, Hill International, Inc.
- 2006 Senior Sales Manager, KOKI Technik Seating Systems,
- 2005 Vice President International Sales, Siemens VDO Automotive AG
- 1997 Head of Logistics, Mannesmann VDO Automotive AG
- 1996 Technical Consultant, Management Engineers
- 1994 Head of Order Processing (Wesel) and Head of Strategy (Berlin), Deutsche Babcock Energie und -Umwelttechnik
- 1990 Assistant of CTO, Michael Weinig AG
- 1988 Scientific Assistant, FIR Aachen
- 1985 Engineer's Degree Field Of Study Science of Mechanical Engineering/ Production Technologies Grade Dipl.-Ing. RWTH Aachen University
- 1981 Bachelor's Degree Field Of Study Science of economics Grade Basic graduation (Vorexamen), RWTH Aachen University
About Connected Wind Services
- CWS is a market leader amongst the ISPs for turbine maintenance in Europe
- Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Balle, Denmark, with subsidiaries in Rantrum, Germany, and Falkenberg, Sweden
- 180 highly skilled and experienced employees
- CWS provides complex service projects for wind turbine generators throughout Europe
- Focused on the full life cycle of wind turbines, CWS operates a modern workshop for the refurbishment of wind turbine components including MW gearboxes
- CWS is owned by Energie Baden-Württemberg AG, EnBW
- EnBW is one of the largest energy supply companies in Germany and Europe
- With a workforce of around 20.000 employees and a yearly turnover of 19,4 billions Euros, EnBW supply electricity, gas, water and energy-related products and services to several million customers.
Please contact our Group Marketing for press related questions and requests.